Misleading number of rows recorded

The value of row_count in sqlwatch_logger_disk_utilisation_table sums the number of rows across all indexes that belongs to the table.

Example:
I have a table with 100 rows and with 3 indexes. The row_count row_count in sqlwatch_logger_disk_utilisation_table is then 300.

Is this intended behavior or an omission?

I understand that the pages metrics there are summarized like this as well. It makes me sense, but for number of rows the same is slightly misleading…

What I did to fix this is that I updated the row 61 in [dbo].[usp_sqlwatch_logger_disk_utilisation_table] procedure as:

row_count = convert(real,sum(case when i.index_id IN (0,1) then p.rows else 0 end)),

Then it behaves more reasonably for me and collects number of rows just from clustered index or table (if it is heap)

Hi, thanks for this. Without looking at the code I’d think it’s an omission rather than intended behaviour.

Just small update, to get the correct number of rows, the fix in the [dbo].[usp_sqlwatch_logger_disk_utilisation_table] is as follows:

insert into @t
select
schema_name = s.name,
table_name = t.name,
database_name = sdb.name,
database_create_date = sdb.create_date,
row_count = convert(real,sum(case when i.index_id IN (0,1) and a.type = 1 then p.rows else 0 end)),
total_pages = convert(real,sum(a.total_pages)),
used_pages = convert(real,sum(a.used_pages)),
/* only take table compression into account and not index compression.
we have index analysis elsewhere */
[data_compression] = max(case when i.index_id = 0 then p.[data_compression] else 0 end)
from [?].sys.tables t
inner join [?].sys.indexes i on t.object_id = i.object_id
inner join [?].sys.partitions p on i.object_id = p.object_id AND i.index_id = p.index_id
inner join [?].sys.allocation_units a on p.partition_id = a.container_id
inner join [?].sys.schemas s on t.schema_id = s.schema_id
inner join sys.databases sdb on sdb.name = ‘’?‘’

group by s.name, t.name, sdb.name, sdb.create_date;